We believe in the french pool toy concept. Do you ?
Besides the undeniable practicality of its packaging,
French Pool Toy is also 100% RECYCLABLE and eco-friendly.
The bottle and its cap are made of 100% recyclable plastic.
« Wine should come in a glass bottle, right? Actually, wrong if wine drinkers want to do their bit for the planet’s resources and environment. Glass bottles and their transport are the two biggest contributors to wine’s carbon footprint »
PLASTIC BOTTLE : less carbon footprint
- Less energy required to manufacture a PET* bottle than glass
- Incorporating recycled PET in production dramatically reduces carbon emissions
- PET is inert and easily recycled
- Lighter weight, compact bottles reduce carbon footprint in transport
*PET : Polyethylene Terephtalate
PLASTIC BOTTLE : Portability
PET bottle versus glass bottle :
- 10 times lighter (empty)
- More bottles loaded on pallet, ship, truck...
- Unbreakable during transportation or storage
- Lighter than glass for carrying in shopping bags
- Screw cap more reliable than cork
What do they say about it ?
- New York Times - How Does Your Love of Wine Contribute to Climate Change ?
- Jancis Robinson - Carbon footprints, wine and the consumer
- Science Direct - Potential trade-offs between eliminating plastics and mitigating climate change: An LCA perspective on Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) bottles in Cornwall